Resources at Concordia
LCMS School Ministry Assists, equips and uplifts school educators, district staff, especially education executives and congregational leaders, so that through them children may be equipped as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- are driven by a commitment to the Gospel
- and focused on a mission of bringing hope and healing to students and their families.
- are governed by board members who clearly understand their roles
- and focus on the vision and board policies that effectively govern the operation of the school.
- meet or exceed state and national academic standards
- help to develop a minimum of 30 developmental assets in children.
- have educators who model visionary leadership.
- They practice stewardship of resources, build up others and empathize with others.
- have educators who model servant and spiritual leadership.
- They study God’s Word, share their personal faith story, apply Law and Gospel appropriately, exhibit a passion for ministry, act courageously, equip God’s people for service, care for others, demonstrate integrity, and pray.
University Christian High School offers an advanced and highly-academic curriculum in partnership with Lenoir-Rhyne University. Students will be given the opportunity to take advanced classes as Freshman and Sophomores on the high school campus. As Juniors and Seniors, the students will take Lenoir-Rhyne University classes which will count as both high school and college credit. Students will have the opportunity to take many advanced classes that are not normally available to high school students.
UCHS is a school where Christian values are taught, modeled and expected. Students will take Religion classes and worship together. Having the opportunity to pray and study God's Word generates an atmosphere that can't be found in a public school.
The two hundred six congregations, sixty nine missions, and the ninety one school ministries of the Southeastern District face many challenges as they seek to reach out to communities around them. Communities filled with people who don't know Jesus as Lord, who hunger for spiritual meaning, and who are looking for something in which to hope. The Mission of the Southeastern District leadership is to help congregations strengthen themselves and each other in order that each congregation might more effectively understand and pursue its mission.
Lutheran Hour Ministries is a Christian outreach ministry supporting churches worldwide. LHM produces Christian radio and TV programming for broadcast, as well as Internet and print communications, dramas, music, and outreach materials, to reach unchurched people in the United States and more than 30 other countries. LHM's flagship program, The Lutheran Hour, airs weekly on 1300 stations and the American Forces Network.